The Estonian's have it right.
Flickr photographer axelman247 took this photo at a pool in Tallinn.
I'll leave you with this thought today. More tomorrow, including a slew of Aussie lifesavers.
Sorry I've been away again. Stuff happens, as Donald Rumsfeld famously didn't say. (He said something else.)
Click through above for a larger version of this photo.
Monday, February 16, 2009
Speedos Compulsory
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


4 comments:
I'll bet they are banning street shorts. There's a good reason for that. Shorts are street wear and could bring in bacteria from outside.
Swimwear is generally limited to cleaner environments(no dog poo, pigeon droppings, mud).
Do your pools allow T-shirts?
Interesting suggestion, Torontonian! AS far as our pools, I assume you mean here in the US? I swim at the gym in an indoor pool, and no, they wouldn't allow t-shirts in the pool itself, if that is what you mean?
Cut-off jeans also would be on the prohibited list for the reason I've mentioned before.
Here in Toronto, one could wear a T-shirt at an outdoor pool, but that was the '90s and skin cancer was a concern then. Today we are more careful about exposure to the sunlight for excessive periods and I believe Ts are not permitted anymore outdoors or in.
Your local public health unit and swim/rec centre could provide more helpful details but I believe they'd echo my words.
Thank you for this info. What started as a mild gag, you have helped transform into something educational for all of us. Very appreciated. Wes
Post a Comment