Tuesday, November 18, 2008

Water Polo Legends - Archival Blog

For two years, in more than 2,500 postings, a water polo coach in Greece named Yiannis Giannouris has been lovingly and carefully archiving hundreds of photos, magazine covers and articles, documents and records that tell the story of the sport of water polo and its players, coaches and organizations in countries all over the world.

His Blogger spot is Water Polo Legends, which I just discovered through a link on Speed o'Rex. I highly recommend you spend some time there and absorb the stories and history of this sport we love. I am just overwhelmed at the amazing job Mr. Giannouris has done.

Here are some samples of images posted on Water Polo Legends


Cover of the English magazine “Illustrated” of 28 January 1950


The team of Edinburgh University, Scottish Universities Champions in 1956.


1984 Team USA


Revista el Grafico 14 April 1939


1972 Team Italy


1927 Team Photo


1960 Olympics Club

No comments: