Tuesday, November 27, 2007

Joe Doyle the Swim God

Ohio State Senior Joe Doyle has made -- ahem -- a splash! (sorry) with gay bloggers lately. Can't imagine why (I think I'm gonna faint...). http://wetspeedos.blogspot.com/2007/11/joe-doyle-god.html

Trey Cruz has a short piece on him this month here.

The rest of these images have been collected from a number of different swim fan blogs. I have a feeling some of these pictures are by former Flickr athletic photographer CulverPC, but I'm not positive. His photo archives are a marvel, as I've mentioned before., so please go visit in any case.

A few of these pix are on the small side, but I've posted the largest ones of each I can find.














4 comments:

Andrew M. said...

oh joe doyle...

wes grey wolf said...

Thanks, Andrew... It's good to know I'm not out there making burbling noises on my own... wes

Andrew M. said...

wes, i think many of us are burbling. calling joe doyle "the god" is insulting to joe doyle. he is so much more than that...

wes grey wolf said...

Andrew: i of course would not want to insult a man i admire but have never met. i would welcome a suggestion for changing the title of this posting, and perhaps change my entire approach to swimmers I admire, as "swim gods" is a category i created to praise and admire them all, if you believe a change is warranted. i left you a comment on your own blog by the way, re: pepperdine...wes